Corporate Finance Services
Turning your business into a successful reality requires specialist assistance and often calls for additional finance. An acquisition, disposal, listing or overseas expansion may be the single business transaction you will have faced. The support of people who have many years’ experience in these areas can make the difference.
- Financial Investigations and Business Valuations
We specialize in financial investigations and valuations of companies and business in all sectors, providing:
- Pre-acquisition and pre-lending investigations for trade buyers and financial investors
- Post-acquisition investigations to assist in the integration of newly acquired business
- Vendor due diligence, pre-disposal due diligence for vendors and potential acquirers
- Long-form investigations and reports for stock exchange listing and transactions
- Market valuations of companies and businesses for sale, purchase or fundraising
- DCF valuations of businesses, assets and fast-moving technology
At certain points in the development of a business it may be appropriate to enter into M&A transactions that result in a significant change to the shape of the business going forward. The reasons behind such changes vary but it is vital that a business seeks good professional advice when considering such options.
MK has considerable experience in advising and supporting clients in the planning, negotiation, and completion of M&A deals. Our involvement at an early stage is advisable to ensure you are properly prepared as this is fundamental to the success of any M&A transaction. Our services includes but not limited to
- Strategic advice – we provide support in the initial planning stage of your business development. A third party view is often invaluable in exploring your options
- Valuation advice- we provide guidance on possible values of acquisition targets or businesses that are to be divested
- Business Planning – we can help you plan in more detail how your M&A transactions will fit into your business development strategy
- Financial Modeling – we can assist in the development of financial models to assess the impact of the M&A transaction and to help identify any associated fund raising requirement
- Re-active acquisition search – we can use our M&A team and national network to identify acquisition opportunities where a party has made it known that a business is for sale
- Pro-active acquisition search – we can research potential targets that are not currently for sale and approach them on your behalf to see if they may be interested in entering into preliminary discussions
- Full acquisition support role -once an acquisition or merger target has been identified; we can support you through the whole process. This will include initial negotiations/investigation, valuation advice, agreeing the form of the deal, due diligence, negotiation of the acquisition agreement and working with your lawyers and other advisors until the deal is completed
- Full divestment support role – should you wish to sell part or all of your business we can provide a full support role. This could include a pre-sale evaluation, valuation advice, preparation of an information pack, research of likely buyers, approaching buyers, agreeing the form of the deal, due diligence, negotiation of the sale agreement and working with your lawyers and other advisers until the deal is completed.
Our due diligence team is composed of specialists who will work closely with your internal team and other advisers to deliver a fully integrated support service, delivering reports tailored to your requirements. In major transactions – such as acquisitions, disposals and mergers – both you and your funders need the best possible assurance that there are no unforeseen hazards inherent in the venture. Due diligence is the process by which we assess all the relevant financial factors thoroughly in advance.
Deal structuring is a segmented approach to the payment deeds of any business transaction; where precisely formulated documents of the company‘s assets, capital, debts and the funding for transaction are phased to ensure a smooth, discrepancy-free process. We provide support throughout transactions, from pre-deal evaluation through to completion and post-deal integration or separation. Our services include:
- Pre-deal evaluation – Initial desktop review assessment to identify the key risk factors and potential deal breakers in the proposed transaction
- Transaction evaluation – Comprehensive financial due diligence review as part of your overall assessment of the proposed transaction
- Vendor Support – Pre-sale reviews and grooming of businesses prior to disposal
- Vendor due diligence – An independent analysis and evaluation of a business‘s financial performance, prepared at an early stage of the disposal process
- Stock exchange reporting – We take on the reporting accountant role in public documents on the Official List, AIM and other public markets.
When you wish to float your company on a stock exchange (e.g. AIM or the Official List), comprehensive reports are required to support the flotation. The reporting accountant prepares these.
Forensic auditing is a blend of traditional accounting, auditing, and financial detective work. Technology has an increasingly important role to play, with complex data analysis techniques employed to help flag areas that warrant further investigation.
Forensic auditing offers a toolset that company managers can use to help detect and investigate various forms of white-collar financial impropriety and inappropriate or inefficient use of resources. As company structures and controls become ever more complex, so too does the scope for employees with specialized knowledge of the way control systems work to bypass them.
In the past, various forms of auditing have been employed after a major control breach has come to light, but executives are now increasingly looking at forensic auditing to help identify vulnerabilities in financial control.